- This page is for Hiro Takachiho, the character from Marvel comics. For the character from the film, see Hiro Hamada.
|“||It doesn't matter that this all happened before we were born -- the responsibility is ours to bear... the world still ours to protect.||”|
Hiro Takachiho was born to wealthy industrialists Tomeo Takachiho and Maemi Takachiho and was raised in the rich Tokyo suburb of Yoga, City of Setagaya. Hiro was gifted with super-intellect, a trait that his parents recognized and had him enrolled into pre-school at age 2. As Hiro grew up, he was soon recognized as one of the world's most brilliant child prodigies and was accepted into the private Tesuka Advanced Science Institute. It was there that young Hiro's aptitude for invention was discovered. At some point, Tomeo passed away, and in order to fill the void of his father, Hiro created his first and greatest invention, Baymax.
At a young age, Hiro is a child prodigy because of his gifted intellect. However, he is still young, so he must deal with the transition from child to adult as he grows up, from experiencing depression to learning how he can cooperate with others. Hiro is overall heroic and possesses a sense of integrity. He greatly cares about his parents, as the death of his father was what motivated him to build Baymax to have a father figure. At times however, Hiro feels isolated from others because of his intellect, making it difficult to communicate with other children from his age. Hiro idolizes Sunfire and has a crush on Honey Lemon.
Powers and abilitiesEdit
- Genius-level intellect: Hiro has no powers, but he is extraordinarily intelligent, being educated in many fields of research, and has been classed as one of the smartest people on Earth. He is highly resourceful and has remarkable ingenuity with his tools available. Hiro is also a gifted tactician and strategist, making him a valuable asset in coordinating battles. Hiro is an excellent engineer and mechanic, having invented a number of different tools and robots (including Baymax) and is capable of fixing almost any, if not all machinery.
Hiro wears an armored suit with a variety of weapons and tools. The suit also grants him limited flight and firepower capabilities.
- Core Cyber Network (CCN): Hiro's CCN is a mobile personal area computer network used for communication among his various mechanical devices. The CCN is also connected to many of his inventions. Hiro can also summon Baymax since the robot is directly linked to the CCN.
- Bio-Atomic Parcel Detector (B-APD): This device is capable of pinpointing human-sized nuclear reactors.
- Virtual Reality Projector: A holographic projector that can produce a comprehensive recreation of past events based on information from various data streams.
- Glasses: Hiro's glasses have a cybernetic video display that can connect to an assortment of computer networks. Whatever Hiro sees and hears with the glasses can also be uploaded into Baymax's databanks.
At age 13, Hiro was enlisted into Japan's superhero team the Big Hero 6. The team's initial leader, Silver Samurai, first approached Hiro's mother Maemi for permission to have him join the team, but she refused due to her desire for her child to live a normal life. Silver Samurai then approached Hiro directly, but the boy also refused to participate. However, after his mother was abducted by the Everwraith, Hiro reluctantly turned to Big Hero 6 for help. After joining forces with the team, which also included his idol, the Japanese hero Sunfire. Hiro decides to join the team and has remained a member ever since. He continues to maintain a civilian life and attend classes at the Tesuka Institute, although his teachers and classmates are unaware that he moonlights as a secret agent.
When Silver Samurai and Sunfire leave the Big Hero 6, Hiro is appointed as the team's field leader. After the super-human Civil War, Hiro joins the new Big Hero Six with new members Wasabi No-Ginger and Fred.