The Lucky Cat Café is the name of the café owned by Aunt Cass. While Cass' café comprises the first floor, the second and third floors serve as the Hamada family home. The garage is used by Hiro and the rest of Big Hero 6 as their lab and headquarters.
The café is a three-story tall building on the corner of a steep hill street, decorated with Maneki-Neko cat figurines on the shillings. There are three floors on the surface level, and a garage on the basement level. Inside the café are many Japanese and feline-inspired decorations: fish, cherry blossoms and miniature Japanese lanterns clutter the walls and ceilings, while cat-shaped items decorate the interior.
The café is the common entrance for customers and the Hamada family; behind the restaurant is the kitchen, the front door and a door leading to the stockroom and the rest of the apartment. The second floor is the living room and the common kitchen. Notably, there are many family portraits hung on the walls of the second floor hinting the Hamada family's history. The third floor is Hiro and Tadashi's bedroom; currently, it is just Hiro's room due to Tadashi's departure.
The garage is cluttered with inventions, bikes, tools and machines designed by Hiro and Tadashi over the years, as well as serving as their commonspace during the periods they would not be inventing. The garage door also has a traditional Japanese scene painted on it. Hiro pulled all-nighters in the garage when working on his projects.
The café hosts Japanese and American cuisine, and some unique hybrid dishes.
|Drinks||Meals||Specials & Goodies|
|Tea||Smoothies||Goodies||Sandwiches||Salads||Specialty Croissants||Macaron flavors||Pie flavors|
|Oolong China||Strawberry||Quiche||Ham & cheese||Egg salad||Extra butter||Salted caramel||Orange|
|Matcha green tea||Kiwi/Strawberry||Macarons||Turkey||Chicken salad||White chocolate||Vanilla lavender||Pear|
|Sakura green tea||Banana/Strawberry||Raspberry tart||Roast beef||Red pepper goat cheese||Custard||Rhubarb|
|Peach/Blueberry||Cinnamon twist||Beef dip||Ahi Tuna||Cinnamon|
|Acai/Blackberry||Cookies||Chicken salad||Chicken ceaser||Milk tea|
|Cherry/Rhubarb||Coffee cake||Egg salad||Almond chicken||Strawberry milk|
|Orange sponge cake||Pastrami||Steak salad||Salted caramel|
|Lavender tart||Reuben||Bacon salad|
- The café gets it name from the maneki-neko cat (meaning "beckoning cat", or more commonly "lucky cat"), a common Japanese figurine often believed to bring good luck to the owner by its raised right paw. Incidentally, it is commonly depicted as a Japanese bobtail, the same breed of cat as Mochi.
- A real Victorian home in San Franscisco's Haight-Ashbury district served as a model for the Lucky Cat Café.
- Evening poetry readings are held at the café.
- After hours, the café is also where Cass fuels her bad habit of "stress eating".
- The café is open for business every day, but it was closed on one occasion when the family was mourning the death of Tadashi who had lost his life in an explosion at the San Fransokyo Institute of Technology.
- The café can be spotted in Little Rodentia in another Disney film Zootopia.